Friday, May 06, 2011

My dear children...

I've decided to start updating my blog again. Mainly because I think I will make it into a book for my children someday...so that they will understand why I turn crazy in my old age.




You know the kitchen faucets that are handheld and extend to about 6 inches outside of the kitchen sink? Yeah, Thane knows about them too. He discovered ours while I was in the shower today. From the bathroom I heard the water hitting the kitchen floor and knew exactly what was happening. I yelled for him to stop and told him not to make a mess.

When I finally made it into the kitchen, I saw the chair up to the sink and a lovely lake of water on the kitchen floor but no Thane. A little bit of searching and I found him, hiding in the pantry. His little eyes were peeking out at me and I said "Thane, what are you doing honey". He answered very sweetly, "I 'fraid of you mommy".


...and no, I didn't punish him for this one. That kid is so ornery, but he is just so darn cute. I just asked him very nicely not to do it again. He answered with a sweet "yes, mommy".











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories! Alena

Heather Day said...

Hilarious! I'm reading this one to Robert. :)