Monday, September 22, 2008

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...






Well, here we are. I'm 34 weeks and 4 days. 6 weeks and 4 days post hospital stay. If you read Ben's blog, he mentioned that on Friday I had a doctor's appointment and I was starting to dialate. She instructed me to "take my bed rest a little more seriously". First of all, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what she is talking about, but I guess I will humor her and try harder to relax more. I was given permission to be up and around for about an hour each day- but not much more than that. At this point I am praying for patience and sanity.


Yesterday I had three hours of contractions every 5-10 minutes, so I packed my hospital bags convinced that yesterday was the day. Things settled down in the evening though, and I haven't had many today- so I am starting with new resolve to just take it day by day. This is such a weird experience knowing that I could literally go any minute...but also a challenge to see how far I can go. (1 & 1/2 more weeks and Thane could possibly come home when I do!!) I'm not super comfortable- you know with the whole constant contractions and all- but I am really thankful that I have my experience with Caleb to remind me how wonderful it is that baby is still in my belly causing me such discomfort. :)



On another note, Thane's room is ready for him. I've decorated in frogs and it is adorable! We are all getting more and more excited to have a little baby around again. Caleb talks about being a big brother and how he will teach Thane to walk and talk and play trains. He also can't wait to show Thane Papua New Guinea- which Ben is trying to set up a family trip for again around April of 2010. I have to admit I am a little nervous about trekking out there again with two children, but I'm just gonna keep praying for peace, because I know that medical missions is important to Ben. (Not that it isn't for me- but at this point in my life, I don't really feel so useful as I am just taking care of my children, cooking, and cleaning.) Anyway, there's plenty of time to think about that later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, the words "Stephanie" and "serious" in the same sentence is a good time! I hope you can maintain sanity while only allowed up and about for such a short time each day. Take it easy and we'll continue praying for you guys. Can't wait for the news that Thane has arrived (although we'll happily wait a few more weeks). Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

Mike and I have been avid readers of your blog since its creation...just not avid commentors. Sorry! We are so proud of you for making it this far, though! We continually pray for the health and safety of Thane, and that you'll carry to term. So happy to be pregnant at the same time as you again!
Love, Sarah